Can you believe that this Week 17 NFC East clash will have an impact on who wins the NFC East division? Sitting at a combined 11-19, both of these teams still have a chance to win the division.
For either team to win the NFC East, they will first need to win this crucial divisional matchup and then hope that Washington loses to Philadelphia. The Cowboys have won three straight games, while the Giants have lost three straight games.
Which team will keep their Playoff hopes alive with a big win in the final weekend of the regular season? Kickoff inside MetLife Stadium is at 1PM ET.
Cowboys vs Giants Live Odds and Betting History
The following odds are courtesy of BetOnline:
|Dallas Cowboys||-2.5 (-110)||-155||Over 44.5 (-110)|
|New York Giants||+2.5 (-110)||+135||Under 44.5 (-110)|
|Betting Data||Dallas Cowboys||New York Giants|
|2020 ATS Home||3-5||2-5|
|2020 ATS Away||2-5||6-2|
|2020 O/U Home||6-2||2-5|
|2020 O/U Away||3-4||1-6-1|
Cowboys vs Giants NFC East Game Preview
These two bitter divisional rivals have played against each other 117 times with Dallas leading the all-time series at 69-46-2. Dallas has won seven straight head to head meetings including a 37 to 34 win in October of this year when Dak Prescott was injured and lost for the season.
Dallas has won three straight games on the road at New York and six of the last eight at the Giants.
- The Dallas Cowboys (6-10) stormed back in Week 16 against the Eagles to win the game 37-17. It was a big win for the Cowboys as it kept them alive in the NFC East divisional hunt while eliminating their rival the Eagles. Can Dallas win a 4th straight game or will the Giants end their season?
- The New York Giants (5-11) has really struggled as of last. They’ve lost three straight games and have been unable to score more than 13 points in a game during that stretch. The Giants have been dealing with injuries to QB Daniel Jones and this offense has suffered greatly because of it. Can they turn things around on Sunday?
Head to Head Betting Trends
- Dallas is 7-3 SU in last 10 meetings
- Dallas is 6-3-1 ATS in last 10 matchups
- The O/U is 5-5 in last 10 games
- Dallas is 7-0 SU in last seven contests
- Dallas is 6-1 ATS in last seven games
Dallas Cowboys Betting Trends
- 2-8 SU in last 10 road games
- 5-6 SU vs the NFC this season
- 4-2 SU in last six overall games
- 12-6 SU versus losing teams
- 5-2 ATS in last seven games
- 1-4 ATS in last five NFC East games
- 5-10 ATS this season
- 5-16 ATS when the spread is +3 to -3
- 1-5 ATS as a favorite this season
- Over is 4-1 in last five NFC games
- Over is 4-1 in last five overall games
New York Giants Betting Trends
- 5-11 SU this season
- 6-2 SU in last eight January games
- 1-8 SU as a home underdog of 3pts or less
- 3-10 SU as an underdog this season
- 6-17 SU in last 23 home games
- 4-7 SU in last 11 NFC games
- 6-11 SU in last 17 NFC East games
- 8-3 ATS versus NFC teams this season
- 13-5 ATS versus losing teams
- 1-8 ATS as a home underdog of 3pts or less
- Under is 4-1 in last five home games
The spread opened with the Giants favored by 3 points. However, that line significantly shifted and the Cowboys are now favored by 2.5 points with most NFL betting sites. The Over/Under opened at 47 points and has gone down to an O/U of 44.5 total points with most online betting sites.
Free NFL Sports Bet and Game Prediction: Dallas -2.5 (-123)
The Giants have played three straight teams making a desperate push to secure a Playoff spot. Sunday’s divisional matchup marks the 4th straight game where they have to try and upset a Playoff hungry team.
In the three previous games, the Giants went 0-3 SU and lost in ugly fashion. New York was outscored by a combined total of 73 to 26. The Giants offense has once again returned to its atrocious play and not even a Top 10 New York defense can bail this team out.
I believe the free fall will continue for the Giants this weekend as they play a Dallas team that has some momentum going after three straight victories. Over that stretch, Dallas has scored 36ppg which is their best output since Dak Prescott was still playing.
HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!?
— FOX Sports: NFL (@NFLonFOX) December 28, 2020
QB Andy Dalton has settled in and found a rhythm with his receivers especially Michael Gallup who has 6 catches for 121 yards and 2 TDs vs Philly last weekend. I expect him to have success again this weekend. The rushing attack has also played much better during this winning stretch.
Ezekiel Elliott looks healthy again as he broke 100 yards rushing against Philly last week. Backup RB Tony Pollard has also brought some playmaking abilities to this offense. He led the team in rushing two weeks ago against the 49ers when Elliott was out.
Whether it’s Daniel Jones or Colt McCoy at QB for the Giants, we’re going to see the same result, which is a loss. Jones is less than 100% and McCoy is a step below an unhealthy Jones. Neither will be able to win this game on Sunday.
Dallas has won seven straight games against the Giants and I expect them to improve that to eight in a row. The Giants are 1-8 SU as a home underdog of 3pts or less and 3-10 SU as an underdog this season. Take the Cowboys to win by more than 3 points.
Will Dallas Win the NFC East?
Although I am picking Dallas to win this game by at least a FG, I don’t see the Cowboys winning the NFC East. For that to happen, they would also need Washington to lose at Philadelphia in Week 17. I have a hard time seeing that happen when the Eagles have nothing to play for.
Furthermore, it looks like Alex Smith could play for Washington on Sunday and that will definitely put the WFT in line to win the game against the hapless Eagles.
Cowboys vs Giants Betting Recap:
- Oddsmaker: BetOnline
- Moneylines: Dallas (-155) vs Giants (+135)
- Spread: Dallas -2.5 (-123)
- Over/Under: 44.5 total points (-110)
- Prediction: Dallas 23 – New York 20
Cowboys vs Giants Pick
Dallas -2.5 (-123)
As a longtime freelance writer, avid sports fan, former athlete, and experienced sports bettor, Rick Rockwell has risen up the ranks at GamblingSites.org to become the self-professed “King of the Blog” in his first year with the site. …